Amusing entry for Dimitri Soudas on Wikipedia

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Augustus
Amusing entry for Dimitri Soudas on Wikipedia

Seems like somebody is having a bit of fun:

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Soudas

ottawaobserver

This is so high school. Whatever I might think of Mr. Soudas and his behaviour or politics, I'm completely uninterested in these kinds of adolescent antics.

Or was that too ageist a comment for me to make, mods?

SimonP

I've reverted the attacks. As much as I might disagree with the guy, vandalising his Wikipedia entry is not appropriate.

remind remind's picture

Hmmmm....interesting read though I do not consider the person who did it to be havin fun....there is a edge underneath that cannot be overlooked.

Nasty politics at its worst...

ottawaobserver

Good for you, SimonP. I should have thought of that myself.

Life, the unive...

Nothing like a bit of inter-office humour eh Augustus?

Catchfire Catchfire's picture

There are two things sacred in this world: raspberry jam and our wikipedia entries. Don't mess with either of them at the peril of your soul.

remind remind's picture

Don't know Life, perhaps it suggests the knives are out for Harper?

 

Or another "look over here".... :D

newshound

It's been reverted now. But for those who want to see here's a link to the revision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dimitri_Soudas&diff=364335382&...

 

Jymn

Come on, people. Wiki is not sacred. Besides, the only incorrect revision was Soudas' birthplace. 

Sean in Ottawa

Playing dirty tricks on a Conservative is like challenging an Olympic boxer to a fist fight. Not smart. This crew have more resources for that kind of thing than anyone else and a willingness to use them for the purpose. I'd seriously avoid introducing new ideas to the Cons dirty tricks squad.

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

Playing dirty tricks on a Conservative is like challenging an Olympic boxer to a fist fight. Not smart. This crew have more resources for that kind of thing than anyone else and a willingness to use them for the purpose. I'd seriously avoid introducing new ideas to the Cons dirty tricks squad.

But Sean, the Conservative attack dogs will bite whether they are challenged or not. An olympic boxer probably has some concept of honour, but a Conservative dirty tricks squad has none. Consequently, gratuitous attacks on them will not result in anything that would not have been coming in any event. In fact, unexpected attacks may throw them off their game somewhat.

 

N.Beltov N.Beltov's picture

yes , and it may be good practice for the good guys.

Ken Burch Ken Burch's picture

The vandalism wasn't even all that funny.

 

Sean in Ottawa

Better to put the effort in to strategies that beat them at the ballot box. We need to more than merely annoy them. Also I think this sort of thing diminishes us.

 

remind remind's picture

i don't wanna be russell

Michael Moriarity Michael Moriarity's picture

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

Better to put the effort in to strategies that beat them at the ballot box. We need to more than merely annoy them. Also I think this sort of thing diminishes us.

This is a much better argument against falsifying Wikipedia entries. I disagree with it also, but not because I am afraid of the response from the Conservative swine.

 

Augustus

Michael Moriarity wrote:

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

Better to put the effort in to strategies that beat them at the ballot box. We need to more than merely annoy them. Also I think this sort of thing diminishes us.

This is a much better argument against falsifying Wikipedia entries. I disagree with it also, but not because I am afraid of the response from the Conservative swine.

 

This comment is insulting and degrading towards Conservatives, wouldn't you say?

Papal Bull

Augustus wrote:

This comment is insulting and degrading towards Conservatives, wouldn't you say?

 

The pot bellied pig that just looked over my shoulder is crying because he and his specie were degraded as card carrying big "C" Cons.

 

ETA: As someone who follow the Great Laws of Wikipedia - I hate vandalism. If you want to mess around and irritate people, there is a bloody discussion tab for that.