The NDP in one shocking word… (part 3)

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Benoit
The NDP in one shocking word… (part 3)

Workaholics. "Job, job, job" is a motto indicating a social addiction to work. The resistances the first part of this thread met is also, to me, symptomatic of a counterproductive collective addiction. The NDP needs to maintain the illusion and glorification around hard work to get the money for its political campaigns from unions. To me knowledge, to NDP has not even participated to the debate surrounding the publication of The End of Work by Jeremy Rifkin!  

Benoit

Along the same vein, The NDP should never again speak about a good family wage if it is not able to admit that for a lot of women employment is replacing children as a way to feel socially useful.

remind remind's picture

Sealed

Benoit wrote:
Along the same vein, The NDP should never again speak about a good family wage if it is not able to admit that for a lot of women employment is replacing children as a way to feel socially useful.

___________________________________________________________
"watching the tide roll away"

Benoit

And what is a good family wage when both spouses are working full time at what they feel are intrinsically rewarding jobs and when their lone children develop pathologic attachments to the latest expensive toys???

Caissa

Are you trolling, Benoit?

Benoit

You are (my thread).

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Benoit wrote:

And what is a good family wage when both spouses are working full time at what they feel are intrinsically rewarding jobs and when their lone children develop pathologic attachments to the latest expensive toys???

What the fuck does this have to do with the thread title?  What does the NDP have to do with this sociological phenomena.

Benoit

I think the NDP is fueling this insane phenomenon.

Fidel

We need a national child care program. And unsurprisingly, the two business parties want a big box, piecemeal, market fix. 

Jacob Two-Two

The resistance isn't to your ideas, Benoit, because nobody can figure out what you're talking about. The resistance is to you, because are incapable of making yourself understood. I actually succeeded in prying something concrete out of you in the other thread but then it got closed, so I didn't follow up. Probably there are interesting ideas somewhere in that head of yours, though it's hard to be sure. Perhaps I'll try to get you to be comprehensible some more later, if I can spare the time.

 

eta: Actually, I've been meaning to read The End of Work for a long time now. Maybe you could give us a rundown of his argument.

Benoit

Our planet needs women more relaxed, i.e. women who don’t feel a social pressure to fill the world with too many children and with counterproductive hyperactivity.

Caissa

How does my partner and i working at intrinsically motivating jobs lead to our children developing pathological attachments to expensive toys, Benoit?

 

I missed a few steps in your argument.

Fidel

Benoit wrote:
Our planet needs women more relaxed, i.e. women who don’t feel a social pressure to fill the world with too many children and with counterproductive hyperactivity.

You must have a low opinion of women and people in general. 

Cueball Cueball's picture

Jacob Two-Two wrote:

The resistance isn't to your ideas, Benoit, because nobody can figure out what you're talking about. The resistance is to you, because are incapable of making yourself understood. I actually succeeded in prying something concrete out of you in the other thread but then it got closed, so I didn't follow up. Probably there are interesting ideas somewhere in that head of yours, though it's hard to be sure. Perhaps I'll try to get you to be comprehensible some more later, if I can spare the time.

 

eta: Actually, I've been meaning to read The End of Work for a long time now. Maybe you could give us a rundown of his argument.

 

Excelent post!

Benoit

Caissa wrote:

How does my partner and i working at intrinsically motivating jobs lead to our children developing pathological attachments to expensive toys, Benoit?

 

I missed a few steps in your argument.

 

Anglo-Protestants don’t like to be made aware of the Frankenstein they have created: Capitalism is positively biased towards materialism (negatively towards leisure time).

Fidel

Benoit wrote:
Anglo-Protestants don’t like to be made aware of the Frankenstein they have created: Capitalism is positively biased towards materialism (negatively towards leisure time).

BINGO! Good post for a change. Time is often times worth more than money

Caissa

Is that the sum total of your argument? Sounds awful structuralist.

Benoit

Caissa wrote:
Is that the sum total of your argument? Sounds awful structuralist.

Emptiness isn't structuring.

Caissa

Oh, does that mean your posts on this topic are empty?

Benoit

Fidel wrote:

We need a national child care program. And unsurprisingly, the two business parties want a big box, piecemeal, market fix. 

Quebec doesn’t want a national child care program made by Anglo-Protestants. This program will only prepare for schools; schools that are only preparing for work (the modern-day Moloch).

Fidel

Benoit wrote:
Fidel wrote:

We need a national child care program. And unsurprisingly, the two business parties want a big box, piecemeal, market fix. 

Quebec doesn’t want a national child care program made by Anglo-Protestants.

Well I certainly agree with that. Our Anglos at the helm for ever and a day dont know child care from hockey pucks.

Quote:
This program will only prepare for schools;

And they've managed to screw that up, too.

 

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Blow up your T.V. throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own


John Prine always did have some interesting thoughts.

 

Benoit

Fidel wrote:
Quote:
This program will only prepare for schools;

And they've managed to screw that up, too.

 

The endless logic of work is such that good daycare centers can be seen as a promising solution to flawed schools.

remind remind's picture

Benoit wrote:
Our planet needs women more relaxed, i.e. women who don’t feel a social pressure to fill the world with too many children and with counterproductive hyperactivity.

Piss off, women can decide what they want to do, just as any male can decide.  Moreover, I would say what our planet really needs is for men to give up on their belief that they are the only pertinent ones that matter and their rampent sexism, such as you have espoused. Plus of course blaming women for their failures.

BTW, it is NOT your thread just because you have started it.

___________________________________________________________
"watching the tide roll away"

Benoit

In patriarchal societies, women imitate men, the option to reverse that order is absent.

remind remind's picture

 

Quote:
the option to reverse that order is absent.
says whom?

___________________________________________________________
"watching the tide roll away"

Benoit

Show me.

remind remind's picture

Not up to me to support your claim.

___________________________________________________________
"watching the tide roll away"

Benoit

Show me your claims.

Michelle

Benoit is annoying, not to mention that he's spamming the board with duplicate threads and being sexist, AND that I've been getting nothing but complaints about him.  So, I'm afraid it's buh-bye.

At least Benoit can take comfort in knowing that he has the distinction of being the first account I've locked since the new babble switched over.   

Topic locked