Trudeau hurls expletive at environment minister for demeaning Megan Leslie

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
Debater
Trudeau hurls expletive at environment minister for demeaning Megan Leslie

Nice to see Justin stand up for Megan Leslie against Peter Kent, even if the NDP was hoping he would be defeated in the last election.  Justin's not all bad, no?  Wink

_________________________

 

The Liberal MP was heard quite clearly to have called Environment Minister Peter Kent a "piece of (expletive)," causing a momentary uproar in the House today.

Kent had just finished telling his NDP critic Megan Leslie that she was ill-informed about a recent climate-change conference because she hadn't attended.

But the government had prevented opposition MPs from being part of the official Canadian delegation.

Following question period, Trudeau rose immediately to apologize.

"I lost my temper and used language that was most decidedly unparliamentary and for that I unreservedly apologize and withdraw my remarks," he said.

 

 

 

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/no-fuddle-duddle-mp-trudeau-hurls-expletive-env...

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Well, Kent is a piece of sh*t, so no argument there.

 

ETA: is there anyone in the Conservative caucus that's not a piece of sh*t?  Some Conservative jerk the other day made a shooting gesture with his hands during the long gun registry vote.  For my money, the worse piece of sh*t in the Conservative caucus is either Harper or Clement.

Debater

I think Harper put Kent in Environment just to anger the Liberals, the NDP & the environmental activists like David Suzuki.

He knows that Kent is arrogant and looks down on the pro-environment people as being a bunch of nuts.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

No kidding. In Harper's world, the environment is blocking business and profit. 

Mr.Tea

Justin Trudea apologized for his bad language. Now she should apologize for the beard. That thing is way more disturbing and offensive the word "shit".

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

I liked his beard and 'tache. Looks cool on him.

Lord Palmerston

Good for Justin Trudeau!  He's bang on about Kent.

Lord Palmerston

Some people are describing Kent's opposition to Kyoto as "ideological."  I disagree.  He doesn't believe in anything - as one acquiantence of mine put it he brings opportunism to "epic new heights."  He's the Canadian version of Mitt Romney.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjcykr8YTE 

Lachine Scot

Boom Boom wrote:

I liked his beard and 'tache. Looks cool on him.

I totally agree, that's one of the few things I like about him! More MPs should try to pull off a dapper appearance in parliament. Heck, you've got the salary, you've got the power, why not try to look good too? Tongue out

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Great interview between Evan Solomon and Justin trudeau on P&P. God, Trudeau looks great with that facial hair.

Debater

Not used to seeing so many positive things said about Justin on this board.  Surprised

Makes a nice change. Wink

As a couple of people just pointed out on P&P, Peter Kent & Harper refused to allow the Opposition environment critics to attend the conference, and then he turns around and taunts Megan Leslie by saying she wasn't at the conference!

Mr.Tea

I see I'm outnumbered with regards to the facial hair. I literally spit coffee out my nose when I saw him looking that. To each their own, I guess.

But, personally, I thought he was terrible on Power and Politics. It seems he got his father's ego but his mother's brains.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

No one in the House looks as dapper as Justin. If he decided to run for the LPC leadership, I think he'd win in a heartbeat. And he wouldn't even to utter substantial policy or any other inconvenient stuff. It'd drive the rest of us crazy - the same thing happened with Trudeaumania if I recall correctly. All he needs is a red rose on his lapel and it's game over. That's what I think of the Canadian electorate. Laughing

JeffWells

Anyone doubt that if a New Democrat had used this language it would have been jumped upon by the media as an example of how the NDP is "not ready for prime time"?

But Justin, well - it's so Trudeauesque!

 

Mr.Tea

JeffWells wrote:

Anyone doubt that if a New Democrat had used this language it would have been jumped upon by the media as an example of how the NDP is "not ready for prime time"?

Remember Pat Martin swearing in Twitter?

Lord Palmerston

Well Debater thinks that "hypocrisy" means that the NDP is not ready for prime time.  As if they're any more guilty of that than the Liberals and Conservatives.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

IIRC, Martin got a lot of praise for his 'fuddle duddle', as well he should. It's the Cons who are pushing the Opposition to their breaking points. F*ck Harper and his band of knuckle-dragging bottom-feeding goons.

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

Great commnet LP!

Debater

Boom Boom wrote:

IIRC, Martin got a lot of praise for his 'fuddle duddle', as well he should. It's the Cons who are pushing the Opposition to their breaking points. F*ck Harper and his band of knuckle-dragging bottom-feeding goons.

Unfortunately, because they got re-elected, they feel Canadians excuse all their behaviour.  They treat everyone in the Opposition with contempt, so they can't be surprised that people like Megan Leslie and Justin have had enough.

Debater

Arthur Cramer wrote:

Great commnet LP!

Oh, Arthur.  Couldn't you just say one nice thing about the Liberals just in the spirit of Christmas? Wink

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Because it is at Christmastime that want is most keenly felt, and abundance rejoices.

Debater

I haven't watched Question Period as much this month since I've been busing getting ready for the Convention in January, so I wasn't aware that the Cons have called Megan Leslie "treacherous" and "treasonous" lately until I heard Jennifer Ditchburn bring it up on P&P tonight.

ETA:  if you do a search for 'Justin Trudeau' on Twitter, this is one of the trending topics on Twitter and not only that but most Canadians seem to agree with Trudeau and not Kent.  Some people (women in particular Wink) are even saying this makes him more popular and more likely that they will vote for him.  Ha, Ha! to Mr Kent!

adma

With the facial hair, I think he's overcompensating for the defeat of Pablo Rodriguez.

Either that, or he's trying to be his own best Occupy mask.

Lord Palmerston

Debater wrote:
"Untill the NDP acknowledges its own hypocrisy it will have neither the votes nor the wisdom to govern the country".

Yes, the NDP has been guilty of hypocrisy.  But the Liberals far more so.  Since you think refusal to acknowledge hypocrisy makes a party unfit to govern then neither the Liberals, Conservatives or NDP are fit to govern.

 

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

Say one nice thing about the Libs in the spirit of Christmas? Well, they have nice party colours!

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Speaking of reds: 

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

Very cute Boom Boom!

radiorahim radiorahim's picture
Catchfire Catchfire's picture

Mr. Tea, I could not agree with you more re: Trudeau's facial hair. I have never been more offended in my life.

As for his swears: ok, it's fine. But I can't help but think that this man--who so many are pipping as a future Prime Minister--stole the idea from Pat Martin, which casts a very pale light on the future of Canadian parliamentary politics.

ETA. In fact, I think we need some visual support to the horrible crime that is this moran's face:

Sorry. I know many babblers have children. But the truth needs to get out.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

This is for those offended by Justin's gorgeous facial hair:

adma

Or, even more appropriately, this

 

Idealistic Prag... Idealistic Pragmatist's picture

Okay, that really is a truly bizarre beard.

Caissa

He'll be acting in a remake of the Three Musketeers.

Unionist

You people are all trying to evade the true issues of principle and substance at play here!

1. Would he look better in glasses?

2. Should Pat Martin grow facial hair before his next Tweet?

3. Is it too late / too early to make fun of Jack's moustache?

 

Caissa

What does substance have to do with politics ?

Maysie Maysie's picture

Kent deserves to be called a piece of shit, and more.

You won't hear me say this too often about a Liberal, but yay, Trudeau!

As for the more pressing issue of his hirsuteness, I dunno, I'm getting a vibe of Johnny Depp circa Edward Scissorhands thing going on.

 

MegB

The son following in Dad's footsteps.  Fuddle duddle indeed, it's a ploy to remind people of his progenitor.

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Unionist

Baaaaa! Boom Boom! I was just about to post that photo! You're getting better...

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Bookish Agrarian

Has anyone had a little talk with Justin about the fact that the American civil war is over and the dandy plantation owner's son look went out a long time ago?

Ripple

Enough about the hair ... is no one going to comment on that gianormous wedding band, on the right hand?

Maysie Maysie's picture

Enough about the ring, what about the tie width that's soooo 1970?

Boom Boom Boom Boom's picture

Speaking of PET and beards:

knownothing knownothing's picture
Catchfire Catchfire's picture

Ripple wrote:
Enough about the hair ... is no one going to comment on that gianormous wedding band, on the right hand?

Omg I know. "Glanormous" is the perfect word.

This is the guy who put a $600 salad bowl on his wedding gift registry. Sounds like leadership material to me. The courage to make tough (aesthetic) decisions (with other people's money).

Debater

Boom Boom wrote:

Speaking of PET and beards:

Yes!  Fidel Castro & Pierre Trudeau!  Thanks for posting that. Smile

Some people here lately have been trying to claim that Trudeau was right-wing, but of course in reality he was far left and was even friends with Castro (who came to his funeral).  A conservative wouldn't have been friends with Castro.

It was great to see Castro & Jimmy Carter talking together at Trudeau's funeral.  Castro & an American President together - not something you see every day.  Brought together because of Trudeau.

I love the fact that Trudeau annoyed the far-right anti-Castro nuts in the U.S.  Smile

knownothing knownothing's picture

I love it in the video when he sees Castro walking around the streets talking to the people of Cuba. Trudeau is just in awe.

The CBC used to do some really good stuff. Trudeau says he is a non-interventionist.

Debater

You can see why the CIA put Trudeau under surveillance at one point.  Because the CIA was rabidly anti-Castro and tried to assassinate him several times (and may have had JFK assassinated too, but that's another topic) they spied on anyone like Trudeau who dared to have an open mind about Castro and open the lines of communication. 

knownothing knownothing's picture
Ripple

Quote:
Some people here lately have been trying to claim that Trudeau was right-wing

Well, just watch me.

Pages

Topic locked