Latest polling thread Feb. 25th, 2015

416 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pondering

Pondering wrote:
If Trudeau wins a plurality he will do the same and so would Mulcair.

Left Turn wrote:
  Pondering, you may think Trudeau would not consult the other leaders before presenting a throne speech, but the way you've worded this is to present it as a known fact, which it isn't. Perhaps this is one of the reasons people here find you so irritating.

Anyone who can't tell that is an opinion with my putting "I think" in front of it is too stupid to be on this message board. Posters frequently proclaim what the Liberals are thinking or will do without putting "I think" in front of every statement and somehow they don't get challenged even though they have no clue what the Liberals intend.

People find me irritating because I won't accept second class citizenship on this board. I post as though I have just as much right to defend the Liberals as NDP supporter have to defend the NDP.

http://rabble.ca/babble/rabble-reactions/what-liberals-are-missing-when-...

Left Turn wrote:

I do think there's a good chance that Mulcair would consult before presenting a throne speech, as I think there's a chance that Trudeau would as well.

To not consult is to have no idea of what your throne speech might need to contain in order to pass. It's equivalent to if the allies had invaded France in 1944 without bothering to check the disposition of enemy defenses.

Mulcair didn't consult anyone during his minority governments. The Liberals will present a moderate platform difficult for the other parties to vote against. If they go ahead and vote against it they will have to explain to voters why they did.

Either the NDP will have to make a power-sharing deal with the Conservatives or face another election immediately.

In my opinion voters would return the Liberals with a majority in order to achieve a stable government.

If Harper wins a weak minority there is a possibility of a working arrangement between the Liberals and NDP but it wouldn't be a coalition.

 

Pondering

To get back to polling:

http://www.threehundredeight.com/search/label/CROP

In EKOS's pollfor iPolitics, the Liberals moved ahead with a gain of 1.6 points since the previous week to 32.1%. The Conservatives dropped 2.7 points to 30.2%, while the NDP was up 1.5 points to 21.2%.

Only the Conservative decrease was outside the margin of error, though the Liberal bump does end a losing streak for the party. Overall, however, the poll is well within EKOS's usual range.

The Léger pollreported by CTV Montreal showed a similarly close race, with the Liberals at 35%, the Conservatives at 34%, and the NDP at 20%. Compared to Léger's previous poll of Jan. 30 to Feb. 2, the Liberals held firm, the Tories were up two, and the NDP was unchanged. Suffice to say, those shifts would not be outside the margin of error of similarly sized probabilistic samples.

Finally, the poll by CROP for La Presse gave the New Democrats the lead in Quebec with 30%, unchanged from CROP's previous two surveys in the province. The Liberals dropped four points to 29%, while the Conservatives were up two points to 18% and the Bloc Québécois was up one point to 18%.

None of these shifts would be statistically significant. Noteworthy, however, is that the Liberals have dropped in two consecutive surveys (from 37%) while the Conservatives have increased their support over that time (from 13%). Also note that the results from CROP are broadly in agreement with those from Léger for the province.

In my view the information supports my contention that the numbers are going to stay similar until the Liberals firm up policy positions.

 

Sean in Ottawa

Pondering wrote:

Anyone who can't tell that is an opinion with my putting "I think" in front of it is too stupid to be on this message board. Posters frequently proclaim what the Liberals are thinking or will do without putting "I think" in front of every statement and somehow they don't get challenged even though they have no clue what the Liberals intend.

People find me irritating because I won't accept second class citizenship on this board. I post as though I have just as much right to defend the Liberals as NDP supporter have to defend the NDP.

Understood -- will treat Pondering like any other troll -- this last couple days is out of hand and there is no longer a point responding to her. (In this post I am quoting her just so it is clear where I have drawn the line.)

Does anyone have a currently working block script so I don't have to read this garbage anymore? The previous one is not working.

Pondering -- do not expect any of your replies to be responded to anymore-- just assume that I disagree with everything you say and that I consider it trash and we'll leave it at that. You are certainly not a contributor here that I think adds anything worth reading to this board and engaging with you is a complete waste of time  since you only twist, misrepresent or ignore whatever people say. There is no indication that you search for truth or conversation rather you are clearly here for Liberal advertising and to provoke.I consider you unreachable.

So this is my reponse to the garbage you posted here about my previous posts and it is already more of a response than you deserved.

NorthReport

Some people suck all the oxygen out of room and there is no sense responding to them.

And this is the latest EKOS poll.

Cons - 32%

NDP 24%, only 4% behind the Liberals

Libs - 28%

http://www.ekospolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/full_report_april_24_2015...

 

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

 

Pondering wrote:
If Trudeau wins a plurality he will do the same and so would Mulcair.

Left Turn wrote:
  Pondering, you may think Trudeau would not consult the other leaders before presenting a throne speech, but the way you've worded this is to present it as a known fact, which it isn't. Perhaps this is one of the reasons people here find you so irritating.

It is.

Pondering wrote:

Anyone who can't tell that is an opinion with my putting "I think" in front of it is too stupid to be on this message board. Posters frequently proclaim what the Liberals are thinking or will do without putting "I think" in front of every statement and somehow they don't get challenged even though they have no clue what the Liberals intend.

First of all, we aren't stupid. So stop saying it. NO ONE here has ever called you stupid. I'll admit I've called you delusional, but I don't hink you're stupid. From my standpoint that is what makes you and other Liberal Propagandists so dangerous. You're not stupid; you're Machiavellian. That's why it's so hard to fight you Libs. You are sneeky, dishonest, manipulators. I think what you are writing is a reflection of what the Libs are going to try to use as the meme in the next election. If it works, you'll win. Its all about mis-direction.

Pondering wrote:

People find me irritating because I won't accept second class citizenship on this board. I post as though I have just as much right to defend the Liberals as NDP supporter have to defend the NDP.

http://rabble.ca/babble/rabble-reactions/what-liberals-are-missing-when-...

Everybody here defends your right to say whatever you want. That's your persectuon complex coming back again. What you really mean is that you see any challenge to you as perscution, If you don't want to be challenged, dont post! If you post , then deal with it. The rest of us do.

Left Turn wrote:

I do think there's a good chance that Mulcair would consult before presenting a throne speech, as I think there's a chance that Trudeau would as well.

To not consult is to have no idea of what your throne speech might need to contain in order to pass. It's equivalent to if the allies had invaded France in 1944 without bothering to check the disposition of enemy defenses.

Pondering wrote:

Mulcair didn't consult anyone during his minority governments.

 

What, Mulcair was elected Prime Minister? How did I miss that?

Pondering wrote:

 The Liberals will present a moderate platform difficult for the other parties to vote against. If they go ahead and vote against it they will have to explain to voters why they did.

First of all, says you! Secondly, you're assuming you clowns are going to win, Yeah, yeah, I know, you're an "Independent". Just like Independents in the US aren't Republicans. Secondly, what YOU call moderate; isn't. You're assuming the NDP will be SOOOOO ineffectual and stupid, that they won't be able to lay a glove on Trudeau. Ask Harper how that's going. That's TYPICAL LPC partisan arrogance. This is another reason why people find you irritating, "Pondering".

Pondering wrote:

Either the NDP will have to make a power-sharing deal with the Conservatives or face another election immediately.

In my opinion voters would return the Liberals with a majority in order to achieve a stable government.

If Harper wins a weak minority there is a possibility of a working arrangement between the Liberals and NDP but it wouldn't be a coalition.

Seriously, how can you write this same meme over and over? There is no one on this board who believes that (well notwithstanding you usuall LPC trolls). You're desperate Pondering.

I'm sorry, that's just plain completely delusional thinking.

 

Pondering

Sean in Ottawa wrote:

Pondering wrote:

Anyone who can't tell that is an opinion with my putting "I think" in front of it is too stupid to be on this message board. Posters frequently proclaim what the Liberals are thinking or will do without putting "I think" in front of every statement and somehow they don't get challenged even though they have no clue what the Liberals intend.

People find me irritating because I won't accept second class citizenship on this board. I post as though I have just as much right to defend the Liberals as NDP supporter have to defend the NDP.

Understood -- will treat Pondering like any other troll -- this last couple days is out of hand and there is no longer a point responding to her. (In this post I am quoting her just so it is clear where I have drawn the line.)

Does anyone have a currently working block script so I don't have to read this garbage anymore? The previous one is not working.

Pondering -- do not expect any of your replies to be responded to anymore-- just assume that I disagree with everything you say and that I consider it trash and we'll leave it at that. You are certainly not a contributor here that I think adds anything worth reading to this board and engaging with you is a complete waste of time  since you only twist, misrepresent or ignore whatever people say. There is no indication that you search for truth or conversation rather you are clearly here for Liberal advertising and to provoke.I consider you unreachable.

So this is my reponse to the garbage you posted here about my previous posts and it is already more of a response than you deserved.

This is probably at least the 3d time you have said you won't respond to my posts anymore so I have given up thinking you will follow through. Answer or don't answer. There is really no need for an announcement.

I also don't care what your opinion of me is. I doubt anyone else cares either. I'll do the board a favor and not share my opinion of you.

Even with a block script you would still see my words in quotes. (she said cackling in glee as she rubbed her hands together nefariously)

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

Pondering wrote:

I also don't care what your opinion of me is.

Pondering, that really IS your problem.

Pondering wrote:

I doubt anyone else cares either.

Actually, you are wrong, we do.

Pondering wrote:

I'll do the board a favor and not share my opinion of you.

That's a change.

Pondering wrote:

Even with a block script you would still see my words in quotes. (she said cackling in glee as she rubbed her hands together nefariously)

You aren't "nefarious". You're Machivelian. And, there isn't anything funny about anything you write.

Why do I keep responding, well, its like the old gag, "it'll feel so good when I stop".

Pondering

Pondering wrote:
Anyone who can't tell that is an opinion with my putting "I think" in front of it is too stupid to be on this message board. Posters frequently proclaim what the Liberals are thinking or will do without putting "I think" in front of every statement and somehow they don't get challenged even though they have no clue what the Liberals intend.

Arthur Cramer wrote:
First of all, we aren't stupid. So stop saying it. NO ONE here has ever called you stupid.

I was saying the opposite. I don't put "I think" in front of every sentence because I assume people here can tell the difference between a fact and an opinion without my specifying it.

For example I could say:

I think the Liberals will have a strong platform.

But I choose to say:

The Liberals will have a strong platform.

I choose the second because I assume people are smart enough to tell the difference between fact and opinion without my prefacing everything I write with "I think".

Arthur Cramer wrote:
Everybody here defends your right to say whatever you want. That's your persectuon complex coming back again. What you really mean is that you see any challenge to you as perscution, If you don't want to be challenged, dont post! If you post , then deal with it. The rest of us do.

I'm not the one that started a thread suggesting Liberals should accept a double standard.

I have no problem being challenged but that isn't what you are doing. You are turning the conversation personal. There is a difference between challenging someone's ideas and berating them personally.

Pondering wrote:

Mulcair didn't consult anyone during his minority governments.

Arthur Cramer wrote:
What, Mulcair was elected Prime Minister? How did I miss that?

Brain hiccup, I meant "Harper" didn't consult anyone during his minority governments.

Arthur Cramer wrote:
First of all, says you! Secondly, you're assuming you clowns are going to win, Yeah, yeah, I know, you're an "Independent". Just like Independents in the US aren't Republicans. Secondly, what YOU call moderate; isn't. You're assuming the NDP will be SOOOOO ineffectual and stupid, that they won't be able to lay a glove on Trudeau. Ask Harper how that's going. That's TYPICAL LPC partisan arrogance. This is another reason why people find you irritating, "Pondering".

So what if I am confident the Liberals are going to win? We are all entitled to our opinions.

I have never suggested the NDP is stupid. As to effectual, like every other party, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

 

Pondering

Arthur Cramer wrote:

Pondering wrote:

Even with a block script you would still see my words in quotes. (she said cackling in glee as she rubbed her hands together nefariously)

You aren't "nefarious". You're Machivelian. And, there isn't anything funny about anything you write.

Don't forget my persecution complex.

It may not be funny but there is nothing earth-shattering about what I write either. I used to get offended and upset because I did care what you thought. Since then I realized how perposterous it is for grown men to behave that way. Readers will draw their own conclusions.

Pondering wrote:
I also don't care what your opinion of me is.

Arthur Cramer wrote:
Pondering, that really IS your problem.

Am I supposed to believe that you care about my opinion of you?  I don't consider not caring about yours a problem I consider it a solution.

NorthReport
Pondering

Harper approval shooting up

The Conservative leader might have more than his increasing vote share to cheer about – his approval rating has reached 47 per cent from 44 per cent in February, and four in 10 voters say they believe his government deserves to be re-elected, the poll shows.

Although Canadians remain divided on whether the country is heading in the right direction (49 per cent) or the wrong track (51 per cent), support is up from five percentage points compared to July 2013 polling.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1929750/is-the-race-to-form-government-as-clos...

Although many of us here may hate Harper he could win another majority term.

Want another Harper government? Keep focusing on the Liberals. Oh right, it doesn't matter.

josh

NorthReport wrote:

Some people suck all the oxygen out of room and there is no sense responding to them.

And this is the latest EKOS poll.

Cons - 32%

NDP 24%, only 4% behind the Liberals

Libs - 28%

http://www.ekospolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/full_report_april_24_2015...

 

 

You mean like when someone repeats the same poll numbers in 500 different posts?

NorthReport

Nanos had the NDP at 23% support in February, 25% support  in April - what support do you think they will have in June?

Arthur Cramer Arthur Cramer's picture

Pondering wrote:

Arthur Cramer wrote:

Pondering wrote:

Even with a block script you would still see my words in quotes. (she said cackling in glee as she rubbed her hands together nefariously)

You aren't "nefarious". You're Machivelian. And, there isn't anything funny about anything you write.

Don't forget my persecution complex.

It may not be funny but there is nothing earth-shattering about what I write either. I used to get offended and upset because I did care what you thought. Since then I realized how perposterous it is for grown men to behave that way. Readers will draw their own conclusions.

Pondering wrote:
I also don't care what your opinion of me is.

Arthur Cramer wrote:
Pondering, that really IS your problem.

Am I supposed to believe that you care about my opinion of you?  I don't consider not caring about yours a problem I consider it a solution.

[

You're right! Readers will draw their own opinions . They all know what you are! Couldn't have said it better myself. You ROCK Pondering!

MegB

Continued here.

Pages

Topic locked