Boston Marathon hit by explosions

314 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

Anyways here's two guys the FBI would currently like to talk to...

 Now that their pictures are out they will either be cleared if they come forward (like the other two above did) or at least IDed by somebody who knows them.

Also I believe the other two in the thread above were fingered out by some internet group a few days ago... and not really the FBI. Here's one of the sites. There were links to picures these groups were sharing and all four of these guys were in them. They have since removed or relabled pictures of the two cleared runners but there are still posts of pictures of these two guys. One is seen leaving a backpack on the ground close by the 8 year old that was killed. 

NorthReport

Related? Probably not.

Officer killed on MIT campus near Boston

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/18/us/cambridge-gunshots/index.html

NDPP

One Suspect in Boston Bombing Arrested - Boston Globe

http://rt.com/usa/boston-bombing-suspect-custody-101/

"One of the people suspected by the FBI of being behind the Boston Marathon bombings is reportedly in custody. The other chief suspect remains on the loose in Watertown after a firefight with police..."

 

American Terror: Manufactured by the FBI (and vid)

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/04/american-terror-manufactured-by-fbi....

"...every major terror plot on American soil in the past 10 years has been fostered, funded and equipped by one organization: the FBI..."

Slumberjack

kropotkin1951 wrote:
Nice to see you have enough arrogant privilege to think you should stifle debate on a board hosted in a foreign country. 

Isn't rabble.ca hosted on a server somewhere in the US?

Slumberjack

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:
Write all the fancy poems you want ... 

He transcribed it actually.

lagatta

It's not really a poem; it's a famous statement about people who remained silent under fascist terror (specifically Nazism, in that case). Obviously it is meant as a warning to others not to accept persecution or repression because it doesn't affect them personally (yet).

I know many (non-violent) people who can no longer travel to the US. And Harper has done the same here, remember Galloway, a sitting British MP?

It is odd, at the Guardian, there were people who were convinced the two suspects "looked Middle-Eastern". Obviously lots of "Middle Eastern" people are invisible in a North American crowd, but those guys look like very typical American white guys from what I can see in the somewhat blurry photos. Anything is possible, but this is a type of attack and target more typically chosen by the far right.

Slumberjack

Obviously bombings and shootings when they occur in North America, specifically Canada and the US, typically receive wall to wall coverage.  On the other hand, no one knows how many cancer patients may have died from watered down chemicals.  Thousands were potentially placed at risk.  There are no surveillance camera images of the owners and operators of those companies plastered anywhere.  There's no need in any event because the authorities would know where to look for them if it was considered an important enough matter to conduct sweeping arrests.  As far as I know, no suspects have been brought before a judge in chains.  They remain free to come and go as they please, with no bail conditions.  Some acts of violence are emphasized more than others for specific agendas.  This is mostly what people refer to in our discussions, not that one atrocity is to be despised any less than another.  To try and infer this to be the case suggests that the people taking up that line of argument have little understanding or awareness of the reality of their own surroundings, to the extent that there's little that can be said or imparted to remedy the situation.

Caissa

A massive manhunt is underway in the Watertown area west of Boston this morning for one of the suspects in the marathon bombing, following a carjacking and shootout with police that killed the other, authorities say.

Heavily armed police have cordoned off the area of the search and teams of tactical officers could be seen going door to door in some neighbourhoods.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/19/boston-mit-shooting-campus-police-officer.html

josh

The Brothers Tsarnaev

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/Boston-Bombing-Suspects-are-Russian-Brothers-Officials-Say-203757531.html

 

Quote:

The older brother (now deceased) was a Checnyan Muslim who had lived in the US for around ten years, becoming a permanent resident in 2007; he was an avid boxer, and claims to have not had any American friends because he "doesn't understand them".

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/what-we-know-about-boston-marathon-...

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

lagatta wrote:

 but those guys look like very typical American white guys from what I can see in the somewhat blurry photos. Anything is possible, but this is a type of attack and target more typically chosen by the far right.

That’s because they are white guys... The brothers are of Chechen origin, which is part of Russia's North Caucasus and is even where the word Caucasian is derived from.

both are Muslim but they could still be far right; it's just not the far right you were pehaps thinking they were (USA Christian milita types). 

lagatta

Well, actually "Al Qaida", in so far as it existed and was not just an aspirational brand for angry young Muslims, was certainly far-right as well.

I was thinking of the militia types, but as I'd said, anything is possible.

Stockholm

I have a hunch that tis will turn out to be something like the Columbine massacre - a couple of disaffected nihilistic young men that went berzerk and decided they wanted to live in a Tarantino film etc...

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:

Marital law, smarshal law, I can pretty much do what I want, go where I want and own what I want.

Sorry I was wrong Bec the term your fascist state prefers now is "lockdown."  I am awestruck at the sight of millions of people ordered to stay in doors because authorities are hunting for one armed suspect.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Try driving across Mass. today.

lagatta

That is sort of like the guy in Toulouse who shot soldiers and kids at a Jewish school - in his case an al Qaida wannabe fantasy, but he was a disaffected petty crook, acting alone.

josh

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:

Marital law, smarshal law, I can pretty much do what I want, go where I want and own what I want.

Sorry I was wrong Bec the term your fascist state prefers now is "lockdown."  I am awestruck at the sight of millions of people ordered to stay in doors because authorities are hunting for one armed suspect.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Try driving across Mass. today.

 

They weren't "ordered" to stay in doors.  There's no consequences for going out.  But they sufficiently scared them into staying in doors.  Same result.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Obama has declared a State of Emergency over the whole state of Mass.  The police have the right to order people off the streets and they did.

Quote:

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning as the search for the surviving suspect in the marathon bombings continued after a long night of violence that left another suspect dead.

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis made the announcement that the entire city should stay indoors at a news conference where Gov. Deval Patrick said the remaining suspect, described as a dangerous terrorist, was still on the loose.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/19/boston_police_commissioner_stay_indoors_...

 

josh

From the same article:

Quote:

In Boston, authorities suspended all mass transit and urged people to stay indoors as they searched for the remaining suspect

Ordered was not in quotations.  Sloppy journalism.

 

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Semantics is more the case.  The police told people to stay in doors. You can say urged but its like a police officer urging you to do anything.  It is voluntary until you refuse and then you get "detained" but not "arrested" that's if you don't mistakenly get shot.

josh

I have a close relative who lives on Boylston Street, not far from where the bombing took place.  He's free to go outside without worrying about being arrested.

Slumberjack

The Nazis demonstrated that a beleaguered population will get down on all fours upon request in order to lap up the fascist swill placed before them.  Urgings and orders become undifferentiated under the circumstances, wholly dependent upon arbitrary decisions of an official who might encounter the non-compliant, out of doors citizen who should otherwise be indoors.  There's little ultimate difference between being told to stay indoors and being placed under house arrest.  Who would want to be outdoors anyway with a city's worth of frightened, heavily armed police roaming around?

6079_Smith_W

josh wrote:

I have a close relative who lives on Boylston Street, not far from where the bombing took place.  He's free to go outside without worrying about being arrested.

I'm sure he's just been blinded by the thought police to be unaware of the concentration camps the authorities are obviously setting up over this "crisis". That is, of course if he isn't actually part of the conspiracy like most American residents.

*wink*

Seriously, I don't see too much difference between some of this spin and our PM's use of the incident to slam Justin Trudeau.

As for the attack, I agree it is sounding more and more like two guys who couldn't think of anything more productive than to murder and maim as many people as possible, and couldn't even plan that properly (since their getway involved robbing a 7-11 and bragging that they were the bombers).

(edit)

Interesting too, that in another recent story there was a big to-do made about how Anonymous "solved a crime" when the police weren't able to get enough evidence to lay a charge. Yet when police do anything beyond what what we expect all of a sudden Hitler is running the show.

 

 

 

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Has he tried that theory out in practice?  This is how the media is portraying it to the people. Saying that the citizens are merely being urged to stay in doors is just semantics. If you don't follow the "suggestion" there will be repercussions.  The people of Boston know that and that is why they remain huddled in their homes as the police and security forces roam the streets armed to the teeth in full battle gear looking for one armed suspect. 

 

Quote:

Governor orders lockdown of Boston

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/04/19/22/30/governor-orders-lockdo...

Quote:

Quote:

Boston lockdown: Mass. Gov. extends shelter-in-place order

Mass. Gov. Duval Patrick gave a briefing on the manhunt for the remaining Boston bombing suspect and asked all Boston residents to remain indoors.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50145197n

Quote:

The entire city of Boston is on lockdown as authorities warn that residents should lock their doors and remain inside as they continue the manhunt for the surviving suspect from the marathon bombing.

The city is being controlled by SWAT teams and an army of police as they try to keep everyone indoors by shutting down the entire public transportation system, closing schools and ordering businesses to remain closed for the day.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311634/Boston-LOCKDOWN-ENTIRE-c...

Slumberjack

6079_Smith_W wrote:
As for the attack, I agree it is sounding more and more like two guys who couldn't think of anything more productive than to murder and maim as many people as possible, and couldn't even plan that properly (since their getway involved robbing a 7-11 and bragging that they were the bombers). 

That's the only explanation permitted to us as far as I can tell.  Enraged murderers yes, but there's never any particular reason provided for such rage.  Inquiry in this regard is deemed the same as common cause with the inexplicable.  Every effect is contained within the acceptable discourse.  Now that they have their Muslims, more security measures will undoubtedly follow the ones put into place over the past 12 years.  Everyone can go back to sleep once they mop up the latest disturbance, so long as we remain vigilant about the person standing next to us out in public, meaning everyone should watch everyone until full compliance and surveillance has been achieved.  What’s missing from this snapshot of reality, is the corner loudspeakers announcing the latest directives to the population.

6079_Smith_W

Never mind that.

You should try getting on the highway here in the prairies when they close them because of a blizzard. The police just take power into their own hands. There are barricades and threatening flashing lights and everything. How is that allowable under the constitution? What about our right to plough ourselves into a tree if we want to? It's a fascist plot, I tell you!

@ SJ

Sure. Now as for that Bangladeshi guy who was beaten (by a gang of non-anglos) in Boston the night of the marathon, of course we all know what that is about. This on the other hand was obviously some arcane plot cooked up around the table at Bilderberg.

 

Slumberjack

Rights are an illusion if they can be suspended for any occasion.  We've reached the point where the state of exception is the permanent rule of of law, and the exercise of rights are temporary suspensions to the everyday state of exception.

lagatta

How about homeless people?

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

In Canada even without a bombing if you disobey a police officer you get arrested for breach of the peace. They might even inadvertently break a bone or two. The idea that this is not an order flies in the face of reality.

Quote:

Tanya Belleau, 26, says she was walking home alone when police stopped her at the corner of Hastings and Carrall streets for no apparent reason.

"Two of them were talking to me at the same time, one asked me my name, one asked me where I'm going," said Belleau, an Aboriginal woman who works at a convenience store.

Belleau says she was then handcuffed and her wrist started to hurt, but she was ignored when she told officers the cuffs were on too tight.

Belleau was held in jail overnight, and received no medical attention until she was released and driven to hospital on Thursday.

Tanya Belleau, 26, now wears a temporary cast and says the x-rays show a broken wrist. (CBC)

She now wears a temporary cast and says the x-rays show a broken wrist.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/04/18/bc-polic...

http://video.theloop.ca/news/watch/-/2310892978001#.UXFqaoLctAk

 

Slumberjack

6079_Smith_W wrote:
This on the other hand was obviously some arcane plot cooked up around the table at Bilderberg. 

I suspect that talk about Bilderbergers and related nonsense is code for Jewish conspiracy.  A replacement term that can be complained about openly when its not fashionable anymore to be openly anti-Semitic.

Slumberjack

lagatta wrote:
How about homeless people?

They're forgotten about in the equation, as usual.

josh

Quote:

Has he tried that theory out in practice?\

He couldn't get back to his place Monday night because it was cordoned off as a crime scene. For a day or two after that, the police had to check that his name was on the resident list before he could get in the building. More bureaucratic annoyance than feeling that he was in a state of seige.

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

So kropotkin and Slumberjack, what are you saying? Are you infering the people in that area should ignore the police while this man hunt is going on and put themselves at risk of running into this guy by going about their business? I mean really, what are the real options here in your opinion?

I f you were in charge what would you do? If you were living in Boston what would you do?

They need to catch that guy and are trying to catch the guy as fast as possible to put an end to this… doing so with 100s of thousands of people moving about would make that much more difficult and dangerous for everyone, police included.

By the way you both sound like all the right winged anti Obama folks here at work. Funny how your politics has put you in the same boat as them.Wink I'm kind getting a big kick out of that.

josh

Quote:

They need to catch that guy and are trying to catch the guy as fast as possible to put an end to this… doing so with 100s of thousands of people moving about would make that much more difficult and dangerous for everyone, police included.

That's a slippery slope. Set a bad precedent. It's one guy. Overkill to stop an entire city, especially when they're not even sure where he is.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Bec If I was living in Boston I would stay the fuck off the streets because if I didn't there would be a very high likelihood that I would be shot on sight as a suspect. 

As for sounding like some of your right wing libertarians well you just sound like an apologist for the police state you live in but I haven't compared you to a Stalinist.

josh

Quote:

 

"Bec If I was living in Boston I would stay the fuck off the streets because if I didn't there would be a very high likelihood that I would be shot on sight as a suspect."

 

 OFCOL.

6079_Smith_W

Slumberjack wrote:

6079_Smith_W wrote:
This on the other hand was obviously some arcane plot cooked up around the table at Bilderberg. 

I suspect that talk about Bilderbergers and related nonsense is code for Jewish conspiracy.  A replacement term that can be complained about openly when its not fashionable anymore to be openly anti-Semitic.

Yeah, whatever. If you are talking conspiracy you should at least be familiar with their membership list, which is primarily European powerbrokers. And Bilderberg was named after a a Dutch hotel, not a Jewish surname.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

Though I had no idea you were such a defender of their reputation. We should thank them, I suppose, for getting rid of Margaret Thatcher.

And shootings? Of course. I 'm sure they have shot and rounded up hundreds of people already in Boston. We just haven't heard about it because of their amazing power to cloud peoples' minds.

 

 

Slumberjack

6079_Smith_W wrote:
Yeah, whatever. 

I didn't intend it infer that's what you were doing.  There's a lot of that sort of talk out there is all.

NorthReport

So far I have been impressed with the police work, at least concerning the manhunt for the 2 suspents. They thoroughly deliberated the issue of posting the pictures but their strategy appears to worked quite well, at least so far. And they have asked people to stay off the streets for their own safety

 

Slumberjack

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:
By the way you both sound like all the right winged anti Obama folks here at work. Funny how your politics has put you in the same boat as them.Wink I'm kind getting a big kick out of that.

Well, just because you seem to enjoy being a beneficiary of fascism doesn't mean you should expect everyone else to be happy about it.  If the streets are clear and everyone is holed up as a result of an edict, along with the perpetrator, I can't see how this makes the work of locating him go any faster.  On the other hand it does represent a good exercise for cordoning off and controlling the population of entire cities, and as we know, practice makes perfect when it comes to effective population control.  What they're saying by this is that everyone is suspect, but that they don't want to shoot the wrong one.  During the dark ages when the plague swept through European cities, all citizens would be confined to their houses, and the equivalent of a block warden would walk the street placed in their charge, order the citizens to appear at their window so that a head count could be undertaken, and anyone missing from the previous count would imply that a plague victim was present in the dwelling, which would necessitate cordoning off the entire street with everyone contained within.  Today's practices have only been slightly amended from earlier times.

As far as American fascism goes, many of us have been fairly consistent throughout the Bush and Obama eras.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

josh wrote:

Quote:

"Bec If I was living in Boston I would stay the fuck off the streets because if I didn't there would be a very high likelihood that I would be shot on sight as a suspect."

 OFCOL.

So if you were in Boston you would defy the "suggestion" and just walk out to your car and and get in and drive to a buddies to play cards.  There would be no problem and no possibility that you would sustain any injuries when they surrounded your car and ordered you out at gunpoint

Or maybe you would just walk down the street for a few blocks to go to a friends place with absolutely no fear of repercussions form the police and security agencies and helicopters patrolling and with no fear of being mistaken for the suspect they are looking for.

Sure I believe that.

josh

Yes.  I would intentionally go out of my way to go out just to show I could.

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

I doubt it I think you would be too afraid to go out just like I said I would be. Hell in Canada you can get killed by cops for holding a stapler so I presume the cops on high alert because of a terrorist on the lose might be just as undisciplined.  I would expect that if your tried walking down the street you would be immediately surrounded and if you did not drop to the ground fast enough you would be shot.  You may think differently but that is what I think and it would keep me in doors, even though it is really just a request not an order.

onlinediscountanvils

6079_Smith_W wrote:
our PM's use of the incident to slam Justin Trudeau.

Since he didn't specifically name Trudeau in his slam, perhaps it was a very delayed response to Peter MacKay's comments to the 2011 attacks in Norway.

Peter MacKay wrote:
the vigilance that we have to demonstrate and persevere and work together to try to find the root causes but also try to pre-empt and interrupt these types of attacks.

http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=n7579464

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

kropotkin1951 wrote:

Bec If I was living in Boston I would stay the fuck off the streets because if I didn't there would be a very high likelihood that I would be shot on sight as a suspect. 

LOL, they'd shoot you on sight egh. Why is that?

I'm not apologizing for anything... I'm just saying I don’t see any real alternative to what the police are doing to catch this guy. You don’t seem to have any better ideas neither aside from pointing out over and over what a police state the USA is.

That doesn’t help anything.

They are not tucking people away to FEMA camps, they are not machinegunning people down in the streets simply for being there; they are trying to catch a potentially dangerous man who has now used explosives and guns several times in the past two days.

Today is a school day (Friday)… do you think kids in that area should be in school with that guy running around? I don’t think so.

There are live twweets from people in those areas you can follow right now. The police are not dragging people down at gunpoint like you claim they would (much less gun you down on sight).

You're quit the drama person... 

 

kropotkin1951 kropotkin1951's picture

Bec there is nothing a good citizen can do in the face of terror except give up their liberty and hope that they don't look anything like the suspect.  And of course police states are only ones that mow their citizens down in the streets for no reason. Nothing else meets the definition. I guess the USSR in the 1980's was also not a police state and I never heard of Saddam doing anything except grabbing people suspected of opposing his government not regular citizens. If you don't oppose your government and just go to your job and live your live there are few places in the world where you have anything to fear from your government. That doesn't mean that they aren't police states. Even Winston Smith had nothing to fear as long as he just did his job and lived his live.

I think that if you cordon off a few blocks because a suspect is on the lose that is policing. If you close down a whole city and order all your citizens in doors then that is something very different. Putting hundreds of thousands of people into a lockdown is overkill and reeks of a totalitarian mindset where suspension of everyone's liberty is merely a security precaution.

6079_Smith_W

@ ODA

Good find!

My compliments, sir!

 

Bec.De.Corbin Bec.De.Corbin's picture

kropotkin1951 wrote:

I think that if you cordon off a few blocks because a suspect is on the lose that is policing. If you close down a whole city and order all your citizens in doors then that is something very different. Putting hundreds of thousands of people into a lockdown is overkill and reeks of a totalitarian mindset where suspension of everyone's liberty is merely a security precaution.

And yes, that is already being set up for discussion via social media AFTER this person is caught... Right now most people whom are tweeting on the thread I’m watching are in favor of letting the police do their job for now. I’d imagine that attitude would change if this last more than 24 hours or so.

This will all be talked about once it is over.

I don’t know, maybe I'm not so concerned about the US police state (as some here are) because people I know and I have a bunch of weapons at our disposal (do you?). I have a semi automatic rifle and the 30 round clips for it… its pretty much the same weapon you see all those cops running around with.

Have a great weekend. Hopfully this will be over before long.

 

Slumberjack

Bec.De.Corbin wrote:
I don’t know, maybe I'm not so concerned about the US police state (as some here are) because people I know and I have a bunch of weapons at our disposal (do you?). I have a semi automatic rifle and the 30 round clips for it… its pretty much the same weapon you see all those cops running around with. Have a great weekend. Hopfully this will be over before long. 

The fact of the matter is that the US and Canadian security apparatuses are so far into one another, we can't be sure of where one ends and the other begins. So when we're complaining about the latest gyrations from the biomass of the national security state, it's because many feel smothered by it.

NorthReport

Chechnya connections build picture of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Boston Marathon bombing suspects never lived in Chechnya but republic's struggle played a central role in their lives

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/19/tamerlan-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-b...

NorthReport

Boston manhunt: lockdown lifted but suspect still on run – live updates

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/19/boston-mit-police-dead-water...

NorthReport

Suspects in Boston Marathon bombing leave media with no simple narrative

 

http://www.straight.com/news/372671/suspects-boston-marathon-bombing-lea...

Pages

Topic locked