(Let's raise the tone of the debate. This is about values, and principles, not which level of government has jurisdiction. Vote for what you believe in.)
1. If you believe that the wealthy are the bastion of liberty in a world threatened by the torpor of equality and that the example of the poor is needed to prod the young on to enterprise, success and innovation.
2. If you believe that Stockwell Day played with dinosaurs when he was a child.
3. If you believe that tar sands oil is "ethical" and that it is our duty to ensure that American SUVs never do without.
4. If you believe that nurses, teachers, bus drivers, hospital workers, and garbage collection workers are overpaid while bankers and corporate executives have a tough time making ends meet.
5. If you believe that vehicle and gun owners are stigmatized, even criminalized, when they are required to register their accouterments.
6. If you believe that global warming provides a useful challenge to slothful species, and that only the fit deserve to survive.
7. If you believe that the wealthy should be allowed to buy the health care they need ahead of the less well-heeled.
8. If you believe that corporations and the animal spirits of those who run them are enervated by over-taxation.
9. If you believe that the price of freedom is whatever it costs to buy the very latest jet fighters off the shelf.
10. If you believe that aboriginal peoples have received all they deserve from the settler societies that have taken their land
THEN YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF AND YOUR DESCENDANTS TO VOTE FOR STEPHEN HARPER AND THE CONSERVATIVES.
This article was originally published on James Laxer's blog.
Thank you for reading this story…
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all, while striving to make it sustainable as well. Media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our main supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help. You are what keep us sustainable.
rabble.ca has staked its existence on you. We live or die on community support -- your support! We get hundreds of thousands of visitors and we believe in them. We believe in you. We believe people will put in what they can for the greater good. We call that sustainable.
So what is the easy answer for us? Depend on a community of visitors who care passionately about media that amplifies the voices of people struggling for change and justice. It really is that simple. When the people who visit rabble care enough to contribute a bit then it works for everyone.
And so we’re asking you if you could make a donation, right now, to help us carry forward on our mission. Make a donation today.