1. You can find Walkerton, Ontario on the map.
2. You know that Listeria is not a street where desperate housewives live.
3. You now know a word, Vioxx, with more than one X in it.
4. You know how many zeros there are in a $700B
5. You don't need to remember how to pronounce Kyoto.
6. You finally know whom they are talking about when they say, "the meek shall inherit the earth."
7. You understand how dinosaurs and humans could occupy the earth at the same time in B movies.
8. Liberals sound more like Trudeau than Bush.
9. You can understand why gravity requires Canadian oil to flow south instead of east and west.
10. You finally understand the idiom, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."
Thank you for reading this story…
More people are reading rabble.ca than ever and unlike many news organizations, we have never put up a paywall – at rabble we’ve always believed in making our reporting and analysis free to all, while striving to make it sustainable as well. Media isn’t free to produce. rabble’s total budget is likely less than what big corporate media spend on photocopying (we kid you not!) and we do not have any major foundation, sponsor or angel investor. Our main supporters are people and organizations -- like you. This is why we need your help. You are what keep us sustainable.
rabble.ca has staked its existence on you. We live or die on community support -- your support! We get hundreds of thousands of visitors and we believe in them. We believe in you. We believe people will put in what they can for the greater good. We call that sustainable.
So what is the easy answer for us? Depend on a community of visitors who care passionately about media that amplifies the voices of people struggling for change and justice. It really is that simple. When the people who visit rabble care enough to contribute a bit then it works for everyone.
And so we’re asking you if you could make a donation, right now, to help us carry forward on our mission. Make a donation today.